Reglas del Hotel
HOUSE RULES THE JAMES
To ensure everybody gets to enjoy their stay in our hotel, please observe the following house rules and pass those on to your fellow travellers. We ask you kindly to respect the rules.
- It is not allowed to store any personal items or belongings near or in the stairways or corridors of The James.
- Emergency routes, corridors and exits must remain clear at all times. Use of emergency exit doors is strictly prohibited in non-emergency situations.
- Anyone that blocks the stairways, emergency routes, corridors and/or exit points or uses an emergency exit door in a non-emergency situation will immediately receive an official warning and will also receive a financial charge of €150,-.
SMOKING OR USING DRUGS
- Smoking or using drugs (of any kind) in The James is prohibited. If any member of The James team caught you smoking in the building or finds evidence of smoking including the use of “e-cigarettes”, or any incendiary that could cause flame or fire, there will be an immediate charge of €200,-.
- Smoking is only prohibited within 5 meters of the main entrance door(s) of The James.
- If people continue to smoke in non-designated areas or manipulate or obstruct the placed smoke detectors in any way, their contract with The James will be terminated and they are obliged to leave The James within directly.
The James takes no responsibility for the costs of fire alarms set off by illegal burning of candles, illegal smoking or the manipulation of smoke detectors by any person. Manipulating or obstructing a smoke detector will lead to a €275,- fine and immediate termination of the hotel contract. In such case, the payment obligation for the agreed term of your stay will continue unabridged.
ILLEGAL SUBSTANCES, DRUGS & WEAPONS
Bringing illegal substances, drugs, nitrous oxide or weapons into the hotel is strictly forbidden and will lead to immediate eviction and will result in an immediate charge of €200,-. In such case, the payment obligation for the agreed term of your stay will continue unabridged. The James will notify the proper authorities.
RESPECT TO OTHER GUESTS AND STAFF
Please ensure that you respect all members of staff and your fellow residents. The James is a safe and friendly environment where everybody should be treated with the same level of respect. The James has a zero tolerance approach to bullying, intimidation or violence to any of its staff or guests.
- The gym is available for all guests of The James. The gym is open 7 days a week from 7 a.m. till 11 p.m.. Use of the gym is at the risk of the guest. The James does not accept responsibility for any injuries that occur while using the gym equipment.
- Minimum age for using the gym is 18 years old. Guests under 18 years old are only allowed under adult supervision.
- When using the gym equipment and materials ensure that everything is returned in the correct place and that nothing is taken out of the gym area. Do not misuse any of the equipment.
24/7 FOOD MARKET
- The food market is available for all guests of The James. The food market is open 7 days a week for 24 hours.
- All products available in the food market have to be paid immediately by credit card or bankcard and cannot be charged to the room.
- Do not misuse any of the equipment that is stalled out in the shop.
HOTEL & ROOM
- It is forbidden to apply nails, screws, etc. in walls, floors and ceilings of your room. It’s also not allowed to (re)move the fixed furniture in the room. The following items are prohibited within The James: candles, incense sticks, additional furnishings, deep fat fryers and woks, oil burners, or any other equipment that is likely to offset the fire alarm.
- Misplacement of hotel property is forbidden. If any member of The James team caught you The James will notify the proper authorities. This may result in an immediate charge or eviction.
- In the building permit of The James it is stated that the municipality does not allow displaying flags, posters or any other decoration in the windows. Any decorations in the windows have to be removed immediately.
- If rooms are damaged or left extremely dirty during a stay, guests will be charged a cleaning fee or the amount it costs to replace damaged item + 50/hr. labor fees to return room to its original state. This includes missing/damaged remotes, bedding, towels, windows, TVs, window screens, appliances, fixtures, furniture, doors, lights, mirrors, etc.
We are a small family-run business and have created a space to be enjoyed and respected. As we will do our best to serve you please return the courtesy.
MAIL & PACKAGES
- Mail and packages that are delivered at the reception will be sorted and distributed during the night after delivery.
- The James does not accept responsibility for mail or packages that are damaged or that got lost.
Pets are not allowed in The James. Cleaning cost as well as cost for removal of scents arising from holding pets will be charged to the guests or visitor that is keeping the pet.
- The James is not responsible for damage to or theft of personal property. This includes any property in the stored luggage and delivered packages.
- The James does not accept any form of vandalism or theft of its property. Anybody who is vandalizing the property of The James will be charged with an initial fine of €100,- and labour and replacement costs. If the vandalism results in loss of turnover for The James the perpetrator will also be charged for this loss of turnover. Depending on the severity of the vandalism, it will be left to the discretion of the Hotel Manager on how to proceed. Any accidental damage caused may be handled without any charge if guests are upfront and honest about what happened.
- Our standard check-out time is until 11 a.m. without any additional charges. If a late check-out is requested and approved by our front office team. The extended time is until 1 p.m..
- If the standard check-out time is exceeded by the guest without notifying the reception, The James is authorised to charge additional costs.
- The James will deduct any outstanding charges from your deposit.
There should be no noise (parties, music) in the rooms and common areas, the lobby, the lounge on the second floor and/or right outside the hotel after 11 p.m. If we receive complaints from guests or neighbours, the following “3 strike” procedure will apply.
1st Complaint – We will issue the offending guest(s) with their 1st Strike
2nd Complaint – We will issue the offending guest (s) with their 2nd and final Strike
3rd Complaint – We will terminate the hotel contract of offending guest(s) with The James.
In such case, the payment obligation for the agreed term of your stay will continue unabridged.
For your safety and the safety of the other guests of The James CCTV footage in the residential areas are recorded and filed. In case of serious incidents on our property The James will provide the CCTV images to the proper authorities.
Please always report technical issues. We will process technical malfunctions as soon as possible during office hours on week-days. Urgent issues will be dealt with as a priority and will be handled urgently. Our technical staff is able to enter your room. You do not have to be present for repairs to be carried out.
The James offers its guests free Wi-Fi. We strictly prohibit our guests from using the Wi-Fi network for illegal activities and the use and installation of private networks or private routers. The quality of our Wi-Fi network can be negatively influenced by these private networks and routers and we want all our guests to benefit from our Wi-Fi network. Any use of the Wi-Fi network for illegal activities and use of private networks or routers can lead to fines and cancellation of the contract as stated in the Terms and Conditions.
The James is authorized to refuse you access to the hotel when violating the House Rules as mentioned above. For more information about The James or any of our services, take a look at our website.
Here you will find the pdf version of our hotel rules.